Last Updated: January 23, 2020
- Who We Are
- What Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Your Data Protection Rights
- Nevada Residents’ Privacy Rights
- Third-Party Links
- How We Keep Your Personal Information Secure
- Retention of Your Personal Information
- International Users
- Children’s Information
- Contact Us
1. WHO WE ARE
World Stop Stuttering Association, Inc., is a U.S. based company that provides subscriptions and multimedia platform offering affordable self-guided, module-based stuttering and speech anxiety courses including audio, video and text versions. WSSA brings together practice resources, communities and clubs connecting the Lovett Method to every sufferer who needs his help. Mindful of the power of community, WSSA is designed to enable those progressing through their own cures to connect with others.
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information you provide to us: We collect the personal information that you provide to us when you sign up for an account to access and use the Sites or Services, when you participate in any of our programs, consult with customer support or send us an email or communicate with us in any way (for example, to make a support request), or make a purchase on our Sites. We collect your contact information (such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address) and contact preferences; account information (such as your username and password); and if you make a purchase, payment details (card information, alternative payment method information, invoices, order information, and transaction history). If you communicate directly with us, we may maintain a record of those communications and responses.
- Information You Post. Some of our Services provide access to public facing community forums (“Public Forums”) which are designed to enable you to post content. Any information or content you post becomes public information and is potentially subject to redistribution by WSSA and others. There is no expectation of privacy when posting content and we have no control over how other users use the information you make public. Therefore, you should exercise caution and discretion when deciding to disclose your personal information in a submission for or posting on a Public Forum.
- Location Information. We collect information about your location through your address and use of different types of tracking technologies. We also collect IP addresses and device identifiers that may provide general location information. We may use this information to assist you in finding local services.
- Information We Collect Automatically Through Cookies and Similar Technologies: We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to automatically collect information about how you interact with our Sites and Services and other websites over time and across devices. Our vendors and partners also collect information this way. For more information on cookies and similar tracking technology, how they are used, and how you can opt out of such use, please refer to our Cookie Notice.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources: In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers and services to you, we obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, and joint marketing partners.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect or receive (alone or in combination):
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to provide you access to the Services or products you have ordered, to respond to any inquiry, feedback, or information and materials regarding our products and services.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, invoices, confirmation, and renewal notices, information regarding our Services or Sites, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications, including via email and SMS, in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on our Sites by presenting content and offers tailored to you and your interests, including by creating custom audiences on social media sites.
- To process and deliver surveys, sweepstakes, and other promotions and filings as required by law.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Sites and products and Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- For other reasons that we describe to you at the time of collection.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients and for the following reasons:
- Service providers. In order to provide our Services to you, it is necessary for us to disclose your information to service providers who perform certain functions of our Services on our behalf. Examples include cloud hosting providers (to provide data storage and processing services); communications providers (to process new queries and to manage our emails); and fulfillment providers (to send you magazines or other products or provide access to our Services).
- Payment Processors. When you make a purchase directly with us, your billing information is collected and processed directly by our payment processor Stripe. We never receive or store your full credit card information. Stripe commits to complying with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and using industry standard security.
- Your User Content. If you choose to submit content (e.g., online reviews or communications to our editorial staff or members) (“User Content”), we may publish your name, screen name and other information you have provided to us on our Sites or social media accounts.
- Compliance with laws. We may disclose information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Consent. We may share your information with any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
5. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
- Access to Information. If you are a member you can access, correct, update, and delete personal information you have provided to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at World Stop Stuttering Association, Inc., 199 E. Montgomery Ave., Suite 100, Rockville, MD 20850.
- Opting-Out of Marketing Emails. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link or adjust your email preferences by clicking the “email preferences” link. You can also email us at email@example.com or write to us at World Stop Stuttering Association, Inc., 199 E. Montgomery Ave., Suite 100, Rockville, MD 20850. If you choose to no longer receive marketing information from us we may still communicate with you regarding such things as security updates, product functionality, responses to service requests, or other transactional, non-marketing purposes.
- Turning Off Tracking Technologies. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a persistent or session cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off such cookies through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. It is important to remember that many of our Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. Please refer to our Cookie Notice for more information.
- Browser “Do Not Track” Signals. Some third-party browsers provide “do not track” machine readable signals for websites, which are automatically applied by default. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our Sites or Services may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Control Tools on Your Mobile Devices. There may be controls on your mobile devices such as the ability to turn off GPS locator and other privacy settings.
- Consent. If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then depending on the jurisdiction where you reside and applicable law you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
6. NEVADA RESIDENTS’ PRIVACY RIGHTS
A Notice to Nevada Residents: If you are a resident of Nevada, you may apply limits to the sale of certain personal information to third parties for resale or licensing purposes. You are entitled to register your preference for limits on such sales in the future by sending an email to NevadaPrivacyRequest@worldstopstuttering.org, with the subject line, “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” along with your first and last name, zip code, and whether you are a former or current member of any of our Services so that we can match your information to your account.
7. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
8. HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so you should take care in deciding what information you send us in this way.
9. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your personal information to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements, to maintain records of fraud, to enforce our agreements, or comply with our legal obligations, or in accordance with our standard business practices.
10. INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Sites and Services are provided and hosted in the United States. If you are using the Sites or Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by other entities with whom we share your personal information, in the United States and other locations. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. By using the Sites or Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information where permitted by law.
11. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Sites and Services are intended for a general audience and are not directed or intended for anyone under 18 years of age. You must be 18 years of age to use the Sites or Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by an individual under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information.
13. CONTACT US
When contacting us, please include your full name, address, phone number, and email address, and indicate the specific nature of your request or inquiry.